UnNetHack 3.6.1 released – “No More Destruction”
Announcing the 3.6.1 release of UnNetHack.
Source code, Debian package and Windows TTY and GUI executables can be downloaded here:
The Windows version has now a Console and GUI executable included and HTML dumps enabled.
The most prominent gameplay improvement is probably the removal of utter destruction effect of a bag of holding explosion (originally from SporkHack). Instead of destroying the complete content of the bag of holding its content gets scattered around. Of course there’s still the possibility that something breaks when it hits the floor.
This release is save and bones compatible with 3.6.0.
- Standard Windows GUI bundled
- HTML dumps enabled
- Scatter contents of bag of holding explosion instead of
destroying it (from SporkHack)
- Quest leaders can smash rocks when angry (from SporkHack)
- Blackmarket shopkeeper can smash rocks when angry
- Strength bonus for two-handed weaponry is doubled. (from SporkHack)
- Tins made from giant turtles are delicious and nutritious (by Bernard Helyer)
- Gauntlets of power give +7 damage bonus to differentiate
from 18/** (from SporkHack)
- bones: allow player control of loading bones (partly
User Interface Improvements
- Monster Targeting v1.2 (by Pasi Kallinen)
- Changed ‘C’ to present a menu (from NAO)
- Hiding useless options in TTY mode
- Display items in inventory list
- Fixed crash when player polyed into gold dragon because of wearing
a gold dragon armor and a bones file getting written and the gold
armor getting removed during bones inventory trimming
- replace “dungeon” when applying drum of earthquake with
appropriate description depening on branch or level
Vanilla Bug Fixes
- C343-72: You get confusing messages when you stop levitating
while on a flying steed. (by Edoardo Spadolini)
- C343-174: Drum of earthquake gives inappropriate message if hero
or monster is in a pit.