UnNetHack 4.0.0 released – “Here Be Dragons”
Announcing the 4.0.0 release of UnNetHack.
Source code, Debian package and Windows TTY and GUI executables can be downloaded here:
The default Windows defaults.nh has been improved with better coloring options.
Finally it’s possible to complete the quest even if you angered your Quest leader. Killing him or her will automatically unlock the stairs leading to the lower Quest levels.
This release has dragons a bit as a special focus.
Although it does not yet contain the overhaul of the randomization of dragons, it contains a complete new 4 level branch full of dragons with the exciting possibility of fighting chromatic dragons (generic dragons having most of the features of the Chromatic Dragon called Tiamat) at the end of the branch, thus also to gain chromatic dragon armor which will grant most resistances when worn.
The AC of dragon armor has been significantly reduced. Dragon scales provide now 1 point and dragon scale mails 5 points of AC.
The newly added wax golems, providing candles as death drop, will hopefully fix the candle shortage that plagued many vanilla games.
- Uncursed and blessed scrolls of magic mapping reveal secret doors
- Blessed scrolls of magic mapping reveal objects
- Dump log: show same information on final dump as wizard mode
- Minotaurs respect Elbereth
- Bones level tracking
- Conduct: Racial armor tracking
- extra AC point per worn piece of racial armor
- Reduce occurrences of hint daemon to once per game
- Automatically identify rings dropped into a sink when message is
- Allow stethoscopes to identify egg types (unless hallucinating) (from SporkHack)
- Reduce AC of dragon scales to 1 and dragon scale mails to 5
- Killing your Quest leader opens up the stairs to the lower quest levels (from SporkHack)
- the Dragon Caves (from NetHack Brass R/S)
new dungeon features
- muddy swamp (from NetHack Brass)
- chromatic dragon scales and scale mail
- chromatic dragons
- wax golems (providing candles as death drop) (from Slash’Em)
- Sokoban levels (from GruntHack)
- Draw health bar in inverse when color is disabled (reported by Bernard Helyer)
- Warn atheist player when trying to offering the Amulet of Yendor
- Workaround for preventing the stairs to Vlad’s tower appearing in the wizard’s tower
- Compilation failed on openSUSE when trying to link with curses but tparm being present in ncurses (reported by Roger Koot)