UnNetHack 5 – “Doing Releases like a pro” released!
Announcing the release of UnNetHack 5.
Source code, Debian package and Windows TTY and GUI executables can be downloaded here:
This is a major release, more than one and a half years in the making and therefore has an awful lot of changes and new features. So here is only a summary, the (mostly) complete ChangeLog is in the download packages or can be read on-line at https://sourceforge.net/p/unnethack/code/HEAD/tree/tags/5.1.0-20131208/ChangeLog
The last release was originally planned to be released after the end of this year’s Junethack but this deadline was missed and then the amount of commits skyrocketed. This was also due to the increase of UnNetHack’s DevTeam. We are now more than ever and are not going away and stop doing releases.
Two new branches have been added: The winter-themed “Sheol”, filled with tons of new, strange monster and dangers and the orc-infested “Ruins of Moria”.
Some first attempts at increased role and race differentiation has been incorporated in this version:
- Tourists get automatic type identification for shop items
- Healers can see how wounded monsters are
- Knights get a weight bonus for body armor heavier than studded leather armor
- Archeologists can enchant fedoras to +7
- Elven/vampiric players do not regenerate health while touching iron/silver with bare skin (respectively)
Several long standing annoyances have been approached:
- Sokoban luck penalty has been removed and instead tracking of solving Sokoban without any tricks has been added
- The Quest turn limit has been removed
- The probability of the Fort Ludios portal was increased; it exists now in around 93% of the games
- Only the Sanctum and the Astral Plane are unmappable levels
- New paranoid options have been added, asking for confirmation when walking into known lava and water squares
- The Valley of the Dead features several portals leading to Vlad, the Dragon Caves, and Sheol, making navigating Gehennom less tedious
- Dragons auto-ID after observing breath attacks or after being probed
- Permanent hallucination conduct option: perma_hallu
- Disable death drops conduct option: deathdropless
- Disable Elbereth conduct option: elberethignore
- A new menu for choosing conducts at the beginning of the game (currently only TTY)
And of course lots of bug fixes.